What was the last movie you watched? (2014 Edition)

attachicon.gifraid-2_675x1000.jpg

Kept putting it off due to work etc. but finally watched it tonight with the girlfriend and like Kriz, totally lost for words :| Superb cinematography throughout all scenes (not just the choreography used in the breathtaking fights) and the characterization/plot was much more in-depth than the first film with the turf wars (also nice to see familiar faces from Japanese cinema) (Y)

My favourite boss had to be the deaf/blind, dual-wielding hammer girl - so many painful moments :pinch: :rofl:

10/10. 

Oh!! yeah! And for any hardcore video game fan, the baseball bat scenes are soo like  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rival_Schools:_United_by_Fate

I agree, choreography is amazing like nothing i've watched before... You actually believe he's kicking ass!!!   I do feel they could've added a bit more of the wife situation,  not really needed and enough drama... Man...

Did any one else think Koso was Mad dog from the raid redemption? I still think he is :wacko:

The Raid 2 - Lost for words, incredible, never seen anything like it. Makes Ong Bak look like a disney film. 10/10

the-raid-2-poster-competition-winners-16

You people need to shut up about The Raid 2... at least until I get to see it :D :p

Dude, get to it, it's THAT GOOD.

Still Mine 7/10

081913-stilll-mine.jpg

Did any one else think Koso was Mad dog from the raid redemption? I still think he is :wacko:

Yep, he was.

Yep, he was.

Ah good to know i'm not crazy :laugh:

Ah good to know i'm not crazy :laugh:

:laugh:

Also liked how Koso was trying to change his life with his kid, while Rama was trying to go deeper into the criminal underworld. Complete opposite roles compared to the first film.

Also liked how Koso was trying to change his life with his kid, while Rama was trying to go deeper into the criminal underworld. Complete opposite roles compared to the first film.

I agree, awesome plot.

Director said he is only doing one more, then he's taking a break from martial arts movies :(

This series could easily span into 5 movies, heck Rama becoming what Reza is, then getting involed and ultimately, he could even become the darkest drug lord!!! oh teh possibilities!

Westworld_ver2.jpg

Westworld

Meh, not as great as I was expecting. 4/10

It's old. In it's day, it was the ######. Cutting edge when I was a kid.

It's old. In it's day, it was the ######. Cutting edge when I was a kid.

Oh sure, my issue was more with the storyline. I expected something a bit more from Michael Crichton.

Watched it again last night :|

Hayao Miyazaki's farewell masterpiece.

the-wind-rises-poster.jpg

Straight up 10/10. This movie should have won gotten the Oscar for best animated film over Frozen hands down. 

• Like 1

Hayao Miyazaki's farewell masterpiece.

the-wind-rises-poster.jpg

Straight up 10/10. This movie should have won gotten the Oscar for best animated film over Frozen hands down. 

But is it better then Spirited Away.   I did not like anime and never watched it much, until someone made me watch  Spirited Away.   It was amazing and I have watched it maybe 5 times already.

Howls Moving Castle was good too, and the other ones I did not like much at all (too much for kids, i guess)    

But anyway Spirited Away story was quite moving and the atmosphere pretty serious, I loved it a lot.       How is this one?  Is there intensity in the movie?

Just watched Gone with the Wind (1939) 

I was always putting off watching it, because I tried to watch some other top ranking classics and found them a bore.

This one however was very good, and totally watchable.   I quite enjoyed it.   I must for any movie lover.

GoneWiththeWind.jpg

NOAH

Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, 2/10. Hollywood is in trouble, lol.

NOAH

Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, 2/10. Hollywood is in trouble, lol.

Darren Aronofsky works in a Good - Great - Dud cycle. Hollywood will be fine.

Noah

What did you think?

Really not what I expected. It was alright I suppose. 

I am putting off watching it really, shame as the cast is not that bad at all and of course Emma :wub:

The Lego Movie - 7/10 - Very good. It addressed a few cliches in a funny way. I felt it went a little long or was a little dry towards the end. Also, the way it does its cinematography reminds me of those popular YouTube vlog videos. I don't fit that demo, but I can see why it had great reviews.

Lethal Weapon - 7/10 - I loved this movie when I was much younger, but now I notice quite a lot of things about it that are just stupid. I'm a sucker for mindless action though, so it's O.K.

I am putting off watching it really, shame as the cast is not that bad at all and of course Emma :wub:

There have been worse. It had Anthony Hopkins too and still 2/10 for me. I'd say, sometimes you come to a fork in the road and you have to choose a path. The makers of this film chose to straddle the fork instead of making a decision, and they split their groin.

If they didn't have the balls to go one way or the other with this subject matter, they should have taken a pass.