What was the last movie you watched? (2014 Edition)

8/10    Minuscule - Valley of the Lost Ants, a sweet little film.  May be too "heartwarming or cute" for some.

uvXJQa7.jpg

Drive Hard

post-354816-0-55233200-1401862711.jpg

4/10 and that's being generous

Terrible Acting, I expected better from Cusack, some funny moments, car stunts sucked, (almost like they were worried about hurting a Falcon and a Mustang)

Nebraska-9 out of 10, Bruce Dern was awesome.

Inside Llewyn Davis-7.9 out of 10, it was pretty good, but it kind of dragged on.

Dallas Buyers Club- 8.5 out of 10- Again, suffered from some pacing issues, but it was pretty good.

The Master- 9.25 out of 10 (Second Viewing)-PSH, Joaquin Phoenix, and Paul Thomas Anderson. Need I say more? (Yes. "I Want You On A Slow Boat To China...")

The Godfather- 'Nuff said.

Plan to watch part 2-Godfather, Citizen Kane, and Trainspotting. Thank God for Netflix, Redbox, and my local library!

Non-stop - 8.5/10 - I loved it. I think I have a man crush on Laim Neeson though so my opinion on the movie should be completely disregarded. I think for what it was, it was really well done.

Bruce Almighty - 6/10 - Pretty good. Averagely funny. I liked the Mask better and honestly they are nearly the same movie to me.

soo... I watched

The Mask - nostalgia/10 - I can't rate it, but it's probably good. My opinion is skewed by my damn childhood. I hope it's not terrible.

• Like 1

Born to Race

post-354816-0-93415800-1401950898.jpg

5/10

90 minute advertisement for Subaru :p

Actually it wasn't that bad, nobody actors, so that was a little refreshing, Pedal control was a little more realistic (in some scenes) than the usual fast and furious/need for speed crap

as another generic racing movie I'd say it was worth watchable if you have nothing else to do

(It'll never be another Days of Thunder)

Non-stop - 8.5/10 - I loved it. I think I have a man crush on Laim Neeson though so my opinion on the movie should be completely disregarded. I think for what it was, it was really well done.

:laugh: :laugh:  we need more reviews like this

• Like 2

Wadjda (2012)

7/10

Great movie from Saudi Arabia about a girl who needs to overcome religious traditions to ride her own bike. Simple story yet powerful because of the obstacles women face in conservative religious countries. I think it was clever from the woman director to use such a simple and innocent story to talk about such a complex and emotional subject.

OqP2xSU.jpg

A great summer movie. Solid, well shot and trully entertaining. This year's Oblivion?

A great summer movie. Solid, well shot and trully entertaining. This year's Oblivion?

Actually, this looks way cooler then Oblivion.  Going to watch it in the theater. I love me some good sci-fi.

Non Stop - Really liked it

Awesome, I am watching this in home with no expectations and a bunch of drinks and homemade popcorn!

post-69836-0-63879700-1402247281.jpg

Robocop [2014]

Like Ender's game, a disappointment. That movie tries to put too many things at once in the same package. Some interesting ideas are presented at one time, only to be totally forgotten 5 minutes after.

That is sad, because that gives some substance that could have been utilized. 

Half the characters are under-utilized cannon fodders

One thing that I liked is that, like its 1987 counterpart, the movie manages to capture parts of the political/corporation/economical 'air du temps'. I liked Samuel Jackson as a totally unfair and unbalanced opinion pundit or Michael Keaton as a demented corporate overlord.

3.5/10

post-4583-0-33848100-1402704350.jpg

5/10, expected a bit more from a film produced by Luc Besson and directed by McG. On the flip side, Amber Heard was sexy eye candy :wub:

Minuscule: Valley of the Lost Ants - 8.5/10 - The best movie I've ever seen where not a single word is said. The plot itself is pretty lame but the presentation of it all was just awesome. My Wife however fell asleep nearly immediately. So... take from that what you will.

Another Earth - 3.5/10 - What a crappy movie. The only redeeming quality was it stringing you along waiting for some climax. Well, in my opinion, that never happens. The chick is pretty hot though(+0.5).

Bio-Dome - 2/10 - Don't let that rating fool you, I absolutely loved this terrible, terrible movie. I just know that it's terrible and that I really shouldn't.

Godzilla 2/10

Godzilla does make several cameos totaling 5 minutes out of a 2hr movie.

The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou (2004)  -  My first Wes Anderson film (and can't wait to watch more) and walked away really, really liking it.  A very solid 4/5.

Enter the Void (2009)  -  I don't know why I had this in my collection or when I got it and I had no idea what to expect.  I was blown away and mesmerized.  4.5/5