• yes
    • no
    • he's there when u need him most
    • yes, but i dont pray
    • atheist
    • anarchist
    • i don't know
    • i don't want to answer, call me later

if you know so much more then me why then did you ask Um, isn't "Christian" just an umbrella term to cover Catholics, Protestants, Lutherans, and all other religions that believe Jesus Christ was our savior?

?????????????????????

You dont even know what a United Pentecostal Apostolic means its nothing like Catholics. And just because we believe in Jesus dose not make us alike just in that one thing makes us alike. I dont pray to Marry or pray for the dead. So dont tell me other cause im not a Catholic or a Morman or whatever.

585148259[/snapback]

Just because you're nothing like a Catholic doesn't mean your not both Christian.

It's pretty apparent that you don't know a whole lot about how Christianity works when it comes to its numerous denominations. Hopefully you'll take a gander at the links I posted above.

i think god is a figment of peoples imagination made just just so that life can go on with as much peace as possible, just how religions are created and just how countried are divided. This of course is my opinion, i would love to hear some different ideas and arguments, so far the thread is all about religion and not about GOD itself.

if you know so much more then me why then did you ask Um, isn't "Christian" just an umbrella term to cover Catholics, Protestants, Lutherans, and all other religions that believe Jesus Christ was our savior?

?????????????????????

585148282[/snapback]

If you read my previous post, I noted that it was a rhetorical question, meaning I didn't ask the question because I wanted to know the answer. I was simply telling you what Christian meant.

god doesn't believe in atheists, therefore atheists don't exist

585148291[/snapback]

lol i thought that was pretty funny, not beause is stupid or anything but just because. One question tho, what and how do you come up with something like that? was it sarcastic or are you saying that because you really believe it??? :)

Did you not read the links or do you just not trust encyclopedias?

585148310[/snapback]

he must just b pullin our leg.

i don't see how he could b serious- especially when he doesn't present any arguments- just mr. yawn: :sleep:

lol i thought that was pretty funny, not beause is stupid or anything but just because.  One question tho, what and how do you come up with something like that? was it sarcastic or are you saying that because you really believe it???  :)

585148317[/snapback]

well, the average atheist would say that when questioned about god they don't believe in him and and therefore he doesn't exist

Switching it around works pretty well too ;)

catholics are still christians.

presbytarians are christians.

blah blah blah are christians- (u do realize there are many diff christian churches don't u- just as there are many diff bhuddist 'churches', etc.)

585148279[/snapback]

Yes I do realize I used to study other religions in school. Im just sayn im not a Catholic and just because I believe Jesus is my personal savior dose not make me Catholic and a Christian and a Catholic beliefs are different I know cause im Christian. Im the type that only believs in new testament salvation. That means its not by works but by faith and you must be baptized in the name of Jesus and only in the name of Jesus cause Jesus died for you not the Father or the Holy Ghost. Its by the blood of Jesus we are saved so you only use his name. But we pray to the Father to recive the gift of the Holy Gost. If I dont make my self clear im sorry but I dont know how else to explane it.

lol i thought that was pretty funny, not beause is stupid or anything but just because.  One question tho, what and how do you come up with something like that? was it sarcastic or are you saying that because you really believe it???  :)

585148317[/snapback]

'just because u don't believe in god doesn't mean he doesn't exist' is the point i belive he was trying to drive home-

he must just b pullin our leg.

i don't see how he could b serious- especially when he doesn't present any arguments- just mr. yawn: :sleep:

585148356[/snapback]

Well, for a while when I was younger I thought that it was split into Christians and Catholics too...until I learned the reality of how Christianity is broken down.

Perhaps this is what amdme thinks and he's just scared to be grouped in with Catholics. I know I'd be if I were him.

Truth is, amdme, you have nothing to worry about. Just because you're a Christian and the Roman Catholic across the street is a Christian doesn't make you any less of a decent human being :D

Yes I do realize I used to study other religions in school. Im just sayn im not a Catholic and just because I believe Jesus is my personal savior dose not make me Catholic and a Christian and a Catholic beliefs are different I know cause im Christian. Im the type that only believs in new testament salvation. That means its not by works but by faith and you must be baptized in the name of Jesus and only in the name of Jesus cause Jesus died for you not the Father or the Holy Ghost. Its by the blood of Jesus we are saved so you only use his name. But we pray to the Father to recive the gift of the Holy Gost. If I dont make my self clear im sorry but I dont know how else to explane it.

585148367[/snapback]

no-one saide u were catholic. (or did they? way back?)

however- u're just as Christian as any Catholic.

585148367[/snapback]

Ok, I think this a matter of semantics now. You're just not using the term 'Christian' correctly.

When you say 'Christian', you actually mean to say 'Non-Catholic Christian'.

'Christianity' as defined by dictionary.com:

christianity

n 1: a monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus as embodied in the New Testament and emphasizing the role of Jesus as savior [syn: Christianity, Christian religion] 2: the collective body of Christians throughout the world and history (found predominantly in Europe and the Americas and Australia); "for a thousand years the Roman Catholic Church was the principal church of Christendom" [syn: Christendom, Christianity]

'Christianity' as defined by Merriam Webster:

Chris?tian?i?ty

Pronunciation: "kris-chE-'a-n&-tE, "krish-, -'cha-n&-, "kris-tE-'a-

Function: noun

1 : the religion derived from Jesus Christ , based on the Bible as sacred scripture, aprofessed by Eastern, Roman Catholic, and Protestant bodies/b>

2 : conformity to the Christian religion

3 : CHRISTENDOM 2

A few clarifications here:

- Just because you are <insert denomination here> doesn't mean you are a Christian

- Just because you attend a "Judeo Christian" church does not make you a Christian

- Just because you believe in God doesn't make you a Christian

- Just because you are a Christian doesn't mean you are religious

- Just because you believe in "a god" doesn't mean that it exists

- Wikipedia is not an encyclopedia

- You will never conquer God with logic

no-one saide u were catholic. (or did they? way back?)

however- u're just as Christian as any Catholic.

585148397[/snapback]

Im not as Christian as any Catholic because we believe in totally different ways but yet you take on thing common and say otherwise. If you like coco puffs and a gay guy likes coco puffs you must also like gay sex? No see totally different. Just because you like coco puffs dose not mean you like men.

A few clarifications here:

- Just because you are <insert denomination here> doesn't mean you are a Christian

- Just because you attend a "Judeo Christian" church does not make you a Christian

- Just because you believe in God doesn't make you a Christian

- Just because you are a Christian doesn't mean you are religious

- Just because you believe in "a god" doesn't mean that it exists

- Wikipedia is not an encyclopedia

- You will never conquer God with logic

585148440[/snapback]

I think we should all listen to this guy because everyone of those sentences are true.

Ok, I think this a matter of semantics now.? You're just not using the term 'Christian' correctly.

When you say 'Christian', you actually mean to say 'Non-Catholic Christian'.

'Christianity' as defined by dictionary.com:

'Christianity' as defined by Merriam Webster:

585148418[/snapback]

Im sayn im not Catholic im a Christian united pentecostal apostolic that believes in one Lord one Faith and one Baptism. I dont go by terms of dictionary. I only go by and when I go by word for word of the Bible. Look I dont want to get deep in this I dont want to affend anyone. So lets just leave it at that.

Im not as Christian as any Catholic because we believe in totally different ways but yet you take on thing common and say otherwise. If you like coco puffs and a gay guy likes coco puffs you must also like gay sex? No see totally different. Just because you like coco puffs dose not mean you like men.

585148441[/snapback]

Ok, you're really starting to make my head hurt here.

Please, follow along closely.

'Christianity' is not a specific religion. It is a grouping of many religions that all believe in Jesus as our savior and believe in the New Testament.

Catholicism is a Christian religion.

Protestantism is a Christian religion.

Anglicanism is a Christian religion.

Yes, all these different religions believe in many varying things. We get it. We're not saying you believe in all the same things as a Catholic. If these religions DID believe in the same thing, they wouldn't be named differently.

Look in the dictionary for crying out loud. Catholics are a subset of Christians the same way prime numbers are a subset of all numbers. Even numbers and prime numbers have completely different properties, but they're all numbers.

P.S. - Your analogy was quite possibly the worst I've ever read. Ever.

Im sayn im not Catholic im a Christian united pentecostal apostolic that believes in one Lord one Faith and one Baptism. I dont go by terms of dictionary. I only go by and when I go by word for word of the Bible. Look I dont want to get deep in this I dont want to affend anyone. So lets just leave it at that.

585148475[/snapback]

WE KNOW YOU'RE NOT CATHOLIC!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap.

You don't go by terms of the dictionary? Now you're just being thick-headed.

585148441[/snapback]

k- here's the problem.

you're sayign that your denomination is 'more christian' than the catholic chuch- because god knows they're idol worshiping ******s from hell rite?

if u really want to get into the debate as to which church is closer to the origins of christianity the catholics are closer with synagog of the christian jews being closest.

so if i were to argue from your mindset u're not a christian at all- and neither am i.

i like gay coco puffs.

k- here's the problem.

you're sayign that your denomination is more christian than the catholic chuch- because god knows they're idol worshiping ******s from hell rite?

if u really want to get into the debate as to which church is closer to the origins of christianity the catholics are closer with synagog of the christian jews being closest.

so if i were to argue from your mindset u're not a christian at all- and neither am i.

585148552[/snapback]

is the synagogue of the christian jews the same as 'jews for jesus'?? because 'jews for jesus' always made me giggle. It just seems so oxymoronic.

Oh, and I think your post might throw amdme into a wild frenzy :D

WE KNOW YOU'RE NOT CATHOLIC!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap.

You don't go by terms of the dictionary?  Now you're just being thick-headed.

585148513[/snapback]

No im not you dont no anything about what I believe you just use a web page to look up what you think I believe. If you not religious its even extra harder for me to get my point across. I know many Religions are alike cause once apon a time ther was only one and people got lazy so they made their own interpretations of the Bible. So I see where your confused. Not all religions go word by word from the Bible like they should. I dont see the big deal hear if you dont believe in God just droop this argument its point less. Im not tryn to be an ass im sorry if I sounded like one.