Free Vista Biz/Office..us only

ryanmcv

...I *cough* got a copy of Vista Business N, I will give the Anytime Upgrade a go when I get home from work and report back what the upgrade to Ultimate cost will be. :yes:

I could be wrong, but I don't think the "Anytime Upgrade" service will be enabled until Vista's general availablility date (January 30).

JustGeorge

Anyone got a emails yet? How many weeks has it been, like two three?

WooSH

ok...but i doubt a backport will happen. its been like 3 years with XP and XP is really easy to exploit and explore, basically everything is open and to my knowledege nothing has been available.

what makes this any different? and if ur an advertising/agency u will need Ultimate.

well prob get our copies in mid January.

its been 2 weeks..
JustGeorge

its been 2 weeks..

A lifetime :(

Gio Takahashi

I've emailed them once. No reply, I've emailed them again, and I did indeed get a reply, that and I'm qualified for the free copy, so I'll be getting office 2007. woo. >.>

Code

I just got a email back from them saying that it will be 6-8 weeks after the end of Jan... :(

zerolimit

has anyone else receive a email saying they qualified? I haven't :angry:

micro

I just got a email back from them saying that it will be 6-8 weeks after the end of Jan... :(

I cant really complain because its free, but they should scrap the CD deal and offer it online with key, this will take way too long..

Novaoblivion

^ Yeah agree if they would just give us a download and a key we could install now instead of waiting forever lol.

CrimsonKnight13

Having the physical media can be a great thing too for times of possible data erasure & crashes.

zerolimit

so no one else has received a email from MS saying that you qualify? I havent received anything

CrimsonKnight13

I have 2x but nothing else afterwards.

Novaoblivion

Nope no email here, I havent sent them one either, though maybe I should? I do agree that having a CD can be nice but they could always do it both ways? Send us the disk but let us download it now, and of course you could also burn the disk image to a disk after downloading it.

cropcircles

If you completed your 3 webcasts before the expiration of the free stuff then your probably good to go. You just have to be patient. I'm looking forward to getting the packages myself, they look really cool.

" Don't forget that after you've watched three Windows Vista Webcasts, you will receive a free, full licensed copy of Windows Vista Business. Your gift will ship within 6-8 weeks AFTER Windows Vista is released to manufacturing. "

GeeZuZz

If you completed your 3 webcasts before the expiration of the free stuff then your probably good to go.

You didn't need to complete them before - as long as you signed up before, you would get it.

And why can't people calm down - 6-8 weeks have been mentioned several times - theres absolutely no need to keep asking, before february.

RootWind

Microsoft will not e-mail you. I don't remember if they even sent an e-mail when they shipped Visual Studio 2005 last time.

JustGeorge

I emailed them again today and got a response that I qualified :)

Gio Takahashi

All you really needed to do is to register BEFORE they say they're sold out, then they reserve a copy for you. Just watch the 3 required webcasts and you're good to go.

I suggest you keep emailing them every other day or so until you get a response.

...and I -REALLY- hope they don't make us wait 6 - 8 weeks AFTER January 30th. My Office 2007 beta isn't going to last that long >.<

zerolimit

Who are you guys emailing?

XPGoD

They are emailing the emails posted within the FAQ or something on the site.

They (Microsoft) gave away 30,000 copies of both Vista, and Office 2007 in this promotion/educational thing. So 30,000 is alot.....

XPGoD

Windam

hell I maybe waiting till Jan but at least I don't have to burn another iso :laugh:

xxdesmus

Microsoft will not e-mail you. I don't remember if they even sent an e-mail when they shipped Visual Studio 2005 last time.

They sent emails right when VS 2005 shipped, but nothing before that. We'll likely just get an email saying "Your item has shipped, blah blah blah 2-3 weeks, etc etc etc" ...but nothing else.

WooSH
blah blah blah 2-3 weeks, etc etc etc" ...but nothing else.

2-3 weeks AFTER the effin 6-8 weeks? oh yeah its MS.

wait, its free...@#$%. lost my rite to complain.

xxdesmus

wait, its free...@#$%. lost my rite to complain.

You said it best. You have no right to complain. Buy it January 30th if you're in that much of a hurry. :whistle: