Free Vista Biz/Office..us only

Code

They will send a dvd mailer out to you, but it will not have a disc in it for office, it will have a link for you to go to download it. It will also contain your key. Vista will be sent on a disc.

.Ark

They will send a dvd mailer out to you, but it will not have a disc in it for office, it will have a link for you to go to download it. It will also contain your key. Vista will be sent on a disc.

As long as I get a copy of office im cool with downloading it. :)

xxdesmus

I am fine with downloading Office, but that's pretty stupid that they will mail you Vista but not Office. free is free, ah well. ;)

Gabe3

They should just email keys and a download links for office and vista. I guess some people are not on high speed internet so they cant

jwjw1

maybe it might turn out great after all..if the dvd cases sent in the mail are these..something the beta testers didn't even get.

vista_packaging.jpg

Novaoblivion

I would like it if they would just email me my Vista key and a link to download the ISO lol.

Gabe3

maybe it might turn out great after all..if the dvd cases sent in the mail are these..something the beta testers didn't even get.

vista_packaging.jpg

Hmm, those look awesome, I wonder if vista we get will be retail or oem.

Boiling Ice

Hmm, those look awesome, I wonder if vista we get will be retail or oem.

correct me if I'm wrong here, but OEM will available when buying a new machine, you won't find OEM version on a retail store...

so I guess it will be retail version

Gabe3

correct me if I'm wrong here, but OEM will available when buying a new machine, you won't find OEM version on a retail store...

so I guess it will be retail version

sweet

+vlsi0n

Completed three offers first day this was up, just didn't see this thread :D. Or at least I don't remember posting here, :rofl: . Congrats to those who are verified (me too). :D

no-sweat

I'm assuming they would offer the Office download in ISO format or some DVD image format so we can burn it ... right?

viciv
I'm assuming they would offer the Office download in ISO format or some DVD image format so we can burn it ... right?
i hope so :)
jwjw1

i hope so :)

I'm sure due to the size..it will be a .iso and require just a regular blank CD.

mudslag

I'm sure due to the size..it will be a .iso and require just a regular blank CD.

NO, Vista is DVD only

Martog

NO, Vista is DVD only

Nope, I am able to download a 5 CD version of Vista from my TechNet subscription. :) Not sure if that is going to be that way during retail or not.

Gabe3

NO, Vista is DVD only

They are talking about office

no-sweat

I think I heard Office is DVD too, can anyone confirm this?

jwjw1

Quote - (mudslag @ Dec 8 2006, 01:44)

NO, Vista is DVD only

They are talking about office

ThankYou...some don't follow the thread... :D

I think I heard Office is DVD too, can anyone confirm this?

I'm not real sure as to the how the 'retail' will ship..but with Office 2007 Pro being 410 MB (430 934 016 bytes)..I would think the download version would be CD recordable...now if they ship the retail with all the version...like Vista and the Key determines what version (Pro-Plus-Standard-Student)..then I can see a DVD Version.

1dk2.jpg

Edited by jwjw1
teefar

I wish they would just send us an email telling us whether we qualified or not. Otherwise Ill be checking this thread for the next 6-8 weeks lol.

yeah really... :whistle:

Mike E

Does it say anything different on the "Your stuff" page once you been confirmed? I completed everything a while ago but I haven't got anything saying I've been confirmed.

CrimsonKnight13

I've talked with Tech Support. They've ensured me that I'm fully qualified for both gifts and that I should wait 6 to 8 weeks to see the gifts in my mailbox. I'm sure that I'll receive official notifications just like everyone else though, especially since I have to fill out W-9 information anyways.

JustGeorge

I never got a response from tech support at all. What email did you use?

CrimsonKnight13

The technical support one, right underneath the shipping one.

JustGeorge

Yep, same one I used. Not a good sign I guess :(