AdwCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using AdwCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
The types of programs that AdwCleaner targets are typically bundled with free programs that you download from the web. In many cases when you download and install a program, the install will state that these programs will be installed along with the program you downloaded. Unless you perform a Custom install, these unwanted programs will automatically be installed on your computer leaving you with extra browser toolbars, adware, and other unwanted programs. AdwCleaner is designed to search for and remove these types of programs.
AdwCleaner 8.0 beta changelog:
- Following the release of MB4, the in-app installer now installs Malwarebytes 4.
- Always download the very latest Malwarebytes build
- Update Qt to 5.13 branch
- Upgrade the build toolchain to Visual Studio 2017
- Update OpenSSL
- No longer force the generation of the debug logfile
- Support again the very latest versions of the Chrome Browser and allow for proper remediation
- Temporarily disable Firefox scanning and remediation - will be added back in the upcoming release
- Update translations
- Update definitions to 2019.11.19.1
- Completely drop support for Windows XP and Vista.
Crash when the UI is displayed in Arabic
Make the uninstallation process more robust and less likely to leave traces behind
Make the quarantine process more stable and less susceptible to corruption
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware