Media Player Classic - Home Cinema (MPC-HC), a derivative of Media Player Classic, is a no-nonsense alternative to the Windows Media Player. MPC-HC isn’t flashy but it works with nearly any media format. MPC-HC uses DXVA technology to pass decoding operations to your modern video card, enhancing your viewing experience. And MPC-HC supports both physical and software DVDs with menus, chapter navigation, and subtitles.
MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs. It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4. MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats:
WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV.
- Ability to control playback repeat mode
- Add a cache to avoid recompiling pixel shaders when possible
- Add SVG support for custom toolbars
- Add Bosnian translation
- Option to set audio delay values for each display mode
- Window position and/or size could be wrong when exiting fullscreen mode for the first time and “Launch files in fullscreen” option is enabled
- Ticket #2202, Automatically rotate MP4/MOV/FLV files when the rotation info is available
- Ticket #5557, Show the correct language name for Serbian subtitles. They used to show as Croatian
- Ticket #5748, Track selection menus did not work when using DVB capture
- Ticket #5828, Update seekbar position when generating thumbnails
- Ticket #5829, Creating thumbnails while the video was stopped left the player in an undefined state. The stopped state is now properly restored after creating the thumbnails [full release notes]