Media Player Classic is an extremely light-weight media player for Windows. It looks just like the good-old Media Player v6.4, but has lots of nice extra features.
MPC has, for instance, a built in DVD player with real-time zoom, support for AVI subtitles, QuickTime and RealVideo support (requires QT and/or Real player), and lots more.
- avi splitter: jumps over bad parts, lets the old splitter load for non-interleaved files.
- mpeg video decoder: fixes around dvd menu and subpic timing.
- shoutcast filter: now it reads the right bits for the channel count...
- mpeg audio decorer: won't crash with mp3 inside matroska.
- mpeg video decoder: added one emms instruction after a libmpeg2 call and now the floating point regs are ok, mainly this means that dvobsub will not be confused about the current stream time.
- numpad +/- adjusts audio offset when the audio switcher is loaded.
- cleared up a few things around video frame positioning, it should be more accurate now.
News source: Betaresource