MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file.
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
* General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
* Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
* Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
* Text: language of subtitle
* Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
* Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)...(Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
* Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
* Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
What can I do with it?
* Read many video and audio file formats
* Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
* You can customise these views
* Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
* Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
* Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag "n" drop, and Context menu)
* Internationalisation: any language display on any version of your Operating System
Changelog version 0.7.5.0, 2007-07-09
+ Licence changed from GPLv2 to GPLv3
+ Korean language, thanks to http://www.starcodec.com
+ More information about mpeg-4 based (Nero...) files
+ MediaInfo analyses longer a .vob file to be able to find hidden tracks (subtitles...)
+ #1747633: Encrypted WMV detection
+ FLV: more attributes
x Memory leaks correction
x #1720404: MPEG, rare crashes with some files
x #1721846: AAC ADTS were no more detected
x MPEG Audio: No detection if there is some specific junk before the real audio data
x #1728059: Delphi DLL overflow with big files
x Crash with Youtube FLV files
x AVI: Delay for AC3, DTS and MP3 is back