MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML. Note: MediaInfo tries to install sponsored OpenCandy software during installation, make sure to cancel that before continuing.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
What's new in this version:
- AS-11 (Core, Segmentation, UK DPP items) display
- MXF: support of TTML (SMPTE ST 2052) detection
- MXF: option --File_Mxf_TimeCodeFromMaterialPackage for using the time code track from Material package instead of Source package (CLI/DLL only)
- Duration in HH:MM:SS:FF format (hidden by default)
- AVC: detection of Intra profiles
- MXF: both Material and Source package time codes are displayed
- MPEG-TS: more information for Teletext subtitle e.g. "For hearing impaired people"
- Detecting sidecar XML files for captions (e.g. TTML/DFXP), option for CLI and Lib
- AVC and HEVC: colour_range information (Limited/Full), thanks to Vittorio Giovara
- OP-47/SDP/Teletext: detection of magazine numbers
- MOV/MPEG-4: basic support of iTunMOVI tag
- MOV/MPEG-4: support of track title and few other track related tags
- MOV/MPEG-4: detection of Dolby E in a stereo track
- AVC: using the first pic_struct as fallback for scan order if other methods fail, thanks to Smit for the idea
- IMF: better compatibility with packages from different vendors
- PBCore 2.0 technical metadata output option, thanks to Dave Rice
- WMV: Time code track and value of first frame display, sponsored by AVCOM
- MPEG Video: Open/Closed GOP status
- HEVC: Support of Pixel Aspect Ratio in VUI, thanks to Kurtnoise
- SMPTE ST 331: wrong channel positions
- B872, MOV: StreamOrder field was wrong in case of chapter references
- More coherency between the File interface and the By buffer interface
- Matroska: wrong dection of video/audio delay in case of B-frames before the first I-frame
- Time code striped/not striped information is moved from "Format_Settings" to "TimeCode_Striped"
- SMPTE ST 337: infinite loop during scanning of some non ST 337 streams
- MP4/MOV: Using less data during detection of Dolby E hidden in a PCM track
- Matroska: some crashs after file name of attachments update
- MXF: MXF time code track was not displayed with some compilation options (e.g. the default Windows build)
Note: MediaInfo includes 3rd party (optional) software, you should pay close attention to avoid installing unwanted products.