Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata (ID3, Vorbis Comments and APE) of common audio formats. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more. The program supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey's Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom's Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
Mp3tag 2.70 changelog:
- [2015-04-29] NEW: added 24x24 and 32x32 toolbar icons which are used for high-resolution screens with high DPI settings.
- [2015-03-22] NEW: added support for high-resolution screens with high DPI settings (DPI awareness).
- [2015-03-22] NEW: added 256x256 application icon.
- [2015-03-22] LNG: updated Dutch language file.
- [2015-03-22] FIX: popup menus overlapped screen in case taskbar location was top and menu did exceed the screen height.
- [2015-03-20] FIX: length for files with a duration greater than 24h was displayed incorrectly
- [2015-03-17] FIX: runtime error at specificly broken APIC frames in ID3v2 tags.
- [2015-03-16] CHG: removed associate tag from Amazon.com web sources.