MusicBee is an application geared toward managing extensive music collections, easy to use and with a comprehensive feature set. It makes it easy to organize, find, and play music files on your computer, on portable devices, and on the Web. It provides playback of a wide range of audio formats, smart playlists with the ability to discover and play new music from the web, advanced tag editing with automated artwork and tag look up, folder monitoring, automated file re-organization, portable device synchronization, and secure CD ripping with AccurateRip verification.
- Supported formats: MP3, AAC, M4A, MPC, OGG, FLAC, APE, TAK, WV, WMA and WAV.
- Audio CDs: Audio CD playback and ripping (with CD-Text capabilities) is supported. CD tracks can be ripped (in fast or secure mode) as individual files or as a single album with embedded cuesheet.
- Conversion: Conversion from and to all supported formats as metadata are preserved. Synchronization of tags only (in case that the output file already exists) instead of reencoding is possible.
- ReplayGain support: both playback and calculation.
- File Organization: Organization and renaming of music files into folders and files based on tag values such as artist, album, name, track number, etc. that can be specified. MusicBee can do this automatically for all files in a music library or the user can choose the files or folders themselves.
- Web Browsing: Browsing of the web using Mozilla's XULRunner environment.
- Scrobbling: Tracks played from MusicBee can optionally be scrobbled to Last.fm.
- Customizable user interface layout.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- MiniLyrics support
- Mini player now supports a large abum artwork layout
- A stop button can now be displayed for all types of progress bars (regular skins only)
- Minor layout tweaks for the "Now Playing" panel
- For the "Album Color Mix" view in the "Now Playing" panel, you can set it to display the artist biography and artist picture
- The Music Explorer panel now allows sorting tracks by title and also shows the album name for duplicate titles
- Playlist header now also shows the album count in the playlist
- When dragging files, the left sidebar no longer automatically pops up (you can hover on the left panel edge and it will pop up)
- You can now instruct MusicBee to use the legacy DirectSound API from the Player preferences
- Various bug fixes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware