The web may be free, but we all know that to safely bank online, buy music, software, or books, or even simply surf the web, there is a price to pay. To combat online threats, firewall, anti-virus and anti-spyware software have become essential investments for any home or business computer. These programs monitor and control system access and scan and remove your system of malicious or spying software.
But the range and sophistication of malicious software and hacking techniques is rapidly expanding and against which traditional software solutions do not provide a proactive defense. Now, Privacyware meets this need with Privatefirewall ― a proactive, multi-layered defense solution for Windows desktops and servers. What's more - Privatefirewall is absolutely FREE of charge.
Privatefirewall features signature-less, behavior-based anti-malware and desktop defense capabilities comprised of several distinct technology layers designed to block or mitigate the damage caused by intrusion, virus and other malware attacks. Beyond unparalleled personal firewall protection, Privatefirewall includes the following layers of proactive, behavior-based defense technology:
- Application Monitor/Manager
- Registry Monitor
- Process Monitor/Manager
- Email Anomaly Analyzer/Manager
- System Anomaly Analyzer
Privatefirewall also detects malware and intrusions based on behaviors characteristic of unauthorized system use. Some of these include:
- Attempts to access a protected registry area
- Attempts to access a protected object
- Attempts to Initiate a foreign process
- Attempts to control Windows service
- Attempts to create a DNS request
- Attempts to initiate outgoing TCP traffic
Privatefirewall version 188.8.131.52 release notes:
- Enhanced Process Monitor comparable logger and leak defense in 64 and 32 bit OS environments.
- Added option to Disable Trusted Publisher feature.
- Added IP address specific rules to Settings export file.
- Updated drivers reviewed and tested by Microsoft Winqual.