Run programs in a sandbox to prevent malware from making permanent changes to your PC.
Sandboxie allows you to run your browser, or any other program, so that all changes that result from the usage are kept in a sandbox environment, which can then be deleted later.
Sandboxie 5.26 changelog:
- Open paths no longer write any files into sandbox
- Fixed Win 8.1 x86 issue "SBIE2331 Service start failed: [22/5] Access is denied."triggered if KB4093114 was installed.
- Fixed "SBIE2335 Initialization failed for process Start.exe [11 / 87]" tiggered after creating a new Sandbox and launching applications right away.
- Fixed crashes (and lack of functionality) of start command lines options.
- Fixed Internet Explorer crash SBIE2303 Could not hook CryptClassErrorHandler (4) SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: iexplore.exe [DefaultBox]
- Fixed Registry Hive issues introduced in Windows 10 FR (Insider) "SBIE1241 Cannot mount registry hive: [C000003A / 22] SBIE2314 Canceling process Start.exe" when changing container folder to different drives
- Fixed Firefox sandbox content level 2+ issues related to audio, video, printing and crashes
- Fixed Firefox "SBIE2205 Service not Available: CreateDesktop"
- Fixed crashes related to browse for folder dialogs
- Added compatibility for Opera v54 /dev + -no-sandbox flag.
- Fixed crashes related to the latest versions of Chromium, affecting apps such as Chrome Canary v59
- Improved compatibility for Firefox "Allow direct access to Firefox passwords"
- Fixed BSODs and hangs related to Windows 10 Insider v17666 (This is the latest FR version supported in this build).
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware