ScreenToGif is an open source program that lets you to record a selected area of your screen, live feed from your webcam or live drawings from a sketchboard. Afterwards, you can edit and save the animation as a GIF or video. Also there's the Webcam Recorder and the Board Recorder.
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video.
- Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording.
- Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top.
- You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc.
- Crop and Resize.
- Remove frames that you don't want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized and portable executable.
What's new in version 2.9:
- New color quantization algorithm for the encoder 2.0.
- An installer is available.
- Options to automatically adjust the window based on the frame size and to automatically adjust the image zoom based on the window size (after loading a project).
- New translation: Dutch.
- Updated the German, Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Simplified Chinese, and Russian translations.
- A message appears before deleting frames or discarding the project. It's optional, you can disable this later.
- The updater detects which type of update it should download (portable or installer).
- The Insert window was not taking into account the DPI of the image being inserted.
- A bug related to the crop feature under a high DPI environment.
- The recorder window could stay out of view if it was previously used on a monitor that got disconnected.
- After unplugging a monitor, the recorder window was not adjusting its position.
- The "Go to frame" feature was not displaying the correct frame.
- After deleting frames, the project info was not being saved into the file (project.json). This was causing some false warnings while trying to load the project later via "Recent Projects".
- Added the missing "New Board Recording" context menu entry on the editor window.
- Several bugs with the new recorder that happened when using screens to the left or above the primary screen.
- The recorder feature called "snap to window" wasn't working with windows on screens to the left or above the primary screen.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware