VidCoder is a DVD/Blu-ray ripping and video transcoding application for Windows. It uses HandBrake as its encoding engine. Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI. VidCoder can rip DVDs but does not defeat the CSS encryption found in most commercial DVDs.
- MP4, MKV containers
- H.264 encoding with x264, the world's best video encoder
- Completely integrated encoding pipeline: everything is in one process and no huge intermediate temporary files
- MPEG-4, MPEG-2, Theora video
- AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3, FLAC audio encoding and AAC/AC3/MP3/DTS/DTS-HD passthrough
- Target bitrate, size or quality for video
- 2-pass encoding
- Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace filters
- Batch encoding
- Instant source previews
- Creates small encoded preview clips
- Pause, resume encoding
What's new in this version:
- Added option for the minimum title length to scan.
- Added support to enable or disable LibDVDNav.
- Added option to prompt to delete source files after clearing successful completed items.
- Added option to disable remembering recent files and folders.
- Tweaked number box to only select all on a quick click.