WinRAR is an archiving utility that completely supports RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives. It consistently makes smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs. WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits. It supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. It also offers the ability to create self extracting and multi volume archives. With recovery record and recovery volumes, you can reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
What's new in this version, fixed bugs:
- WinRAR can unpack TAR archives containing folders with pax extended headers. Previous versions failed to unpack them.
- "Keep broken files" extraction option is supported for 7-Zip archives.
- WinRAR 5.10 did not set "hidden", "read-only" and "system" file attributes when unpacking ZIP archives.
- WinRAR 5.10 failed to update self-extracting RAR archives containing nested ZIP archives stored without compression.
- ZIP archive created with "Do not store paths" option included unnecessary empty name records for folders.
- Archived files could have 1 hour modification time error in Windows XP.
- Deleting a file in RAR5 solid archive containing files stored with -ver switch caused such files to lose version information.
- Black rectangles were displayed instead of toolbar buttons in 16- and 24- bit screen color modes and Windows custom text size larger than 100%.