WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.13.4 changelog:
- Passing private key to PuTTY when installed from Microsoft Store. 1654 Passing also other options that PuTTY can accept on its command-line, like “Attempt authentication using Pageant”, “Allow agent forwarding”, “Enable compression”, “SSH protocol version”, “Logical name of remote host” and “Internal protocol version”.
- WinSCP installed from Microsoft Store can be executed from command-line. 1662
- Translation updated: Icelandic.
- With logging level 1 and higher, printing scripting exit debug information on an output too.
- Hidden configuration option to disable running shell operations on a separate thread.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.2p.
- Bug fix: When system theme changes, path labels lose their background color.
- Bug fix: File mask is not considered when calculating total file transfer size when deleting original files.
- Bug fix: When canceling connection, mouse cursor sometimes stay “busy”.
- Bug fix: Relative long paths are not handled correctly.
- Bug fix: Error when closing edited/opened files with “Keep temporary copies of remote files in deterministic paths”option enabled.
- Bug fix: It is not possible to open S3 folder from command-line/URL or in scripting when path ends with slash.
- Bug fix: File panel columns do not have a width constraints.
- Bug fix: Update information window layout is broken in some situations.
- Bug fix: Timezone autodetection failed if timestamp of file cannot be retrieved.
- Bug fix: Wrong error message when attempting to rename an S3 folder.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware