Write! is a minimalist Word Processor with Markdown support, productivity counters and multitab writing. You can think of Write! as a lightweight combination of a distraction-free editor, Evernote app, a bit of Wordpress post editing UI, some formatting features of Word, and even some IDE mechanics, from which we borrow how auto-complete or text folding works.
- Custom rendering engine giving fonts on Windows some love.
- Smooth cursor and scrolling is beautiful and responsive.
- Compact mode for note-taking. Allows you to draft a blog post quickly or keep your grocery shopping lists organized. Can do both too.
- Text folding to help organize document structure and keep you focused.
- Visual navigator replaces the old-fashioned scrollbar, helps navigate quickly through large documents.
- Proper text search that supports case sensitivity, partial matching and even regular expressions.
Innovative Spell Checker
- Mix & match languages within one document. You can define a language for the entire document, paragraph or even every single word you type individually.
- Helps you pick correct language: say, if you’re typing in Latin using a US layout, Write! will suggest you to switch the language into Latin.
- Use hotkeys to jump between corrections as you would in a conventional text editor, only Write! gives you a more streamlined workflow to fixing spelling issues quickly.
Text Formatting Tools
- Rich-text support: make bold statements, underline stuff or make things italic. Headings and other styles are also supported.
- Link to web-pages, easily Google selected words, translate or look them up in a dictionary.
- Simplified choice of colors hand-picked by our designers to look good.
- Multi-level lists that are smart. Select & (Tab) to change levels of several items at once, split/merge lists, turn non-lists into lists easily.
- Textile & Wiki syntax support which renders to rich-text on the fly.
- Self-learning Autocomplete analyzes the structure of your document and gives you options as you type.
- Excessive hot-key support so you would never have touch a mouse again.
- Multi-Tab interface for multi-tasking people.
- RTF and TXT files supported along with native wtt format.
Reliable & Customizable
- Persistent sessions means that Write! would launch to exactly the state it was left in.
- Ctrl+S is optional. Write! saves changes automatically as drafts for you to never miss a word.
- Fine-tune Write! to suit your style.