Atom is a text editor that's modern, approachable, yet hackable to the core—a tool you can customize to do anything but also use productively without ever touching a config file. Atom comes pre-installed with four UI and eight syntax themes in both dark and light colors. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can also install themes created by the Atom community or create your own.
Atom helps you write code faster with a smart, flexible autocomplete. Easily browse and open a single file, a whole project, or multiple projects in one window.
Atom 1.28.0 notable changes:
- Electron has been upgraded to version 2.0.
- Atom now automatically honors your operating system's color profile. You can use the new Color Profile setting to customize this behavior.
- Active editors are now updated when experimental Tree-sitter grammars are toggled in settings.
- Shell environment variables are now carried into Atom when launched from PowerShell or Windows Command Prompt.
- The Find in Project results view now groups adjacent matches and highlights multiple matches on the same line.
- Commit message preprocessing has been substantially revisited, preserving newlines in amended commits, preserving # comments in commits composed within the mini editor, and respecting your commit.cleanup configuration when committing from an expanded editor.
- "Large" file patches are identified by byte count, not line count, of the patch body. This prevents performance hiccups when navigating past files with large diffs in a relatively small number of lines.
- Avatars are now supported for users who are using the newer-style anonymized email addresses.
- Modal dialogs can now be cancelled properly by pressing esc on Windows
- The language-html package now supports GraphQL script tags and multi-line style attributes.
- CriticMarkup syntax is now colored correctly in Markdown files.
- Fixed an issue where files in a Git repo might be locked or corrupted.
- The placeholder glyph that appears when reordering tabs is now much more responsive.
- Fixed an issue where dashes were being prefixed with backslashes in non-regex searches
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware