Password Safe is a password database utility. Like many other such products, commercial and otherwise, it stores your passwords in an encrypted file, allowing you to remember only one password (the "safe combination"), instead of all the username/password combinations that you use. Once stored, your user names and passwords are just a few clicks away.
Using Password Safe you can organize your passwords using your own customizable references—for example, by user ID, category, web site, or location. You can choose to store all your passwords in a single encrypted master password list (an encrypted password database), or use multiple databases to further organize your passwords (work and home, for example). And with its intuitive interface you will be up and running in minutes.
PasswordSafe was originally designed by the renowned security technologist Bruce Schneier and released as a free utility application.
Bugs fixed in 3.64.0
- PasswordSafe database-specific options now reset to default when a database is closed.
- Changes to font preferences are now saved immediately.
- Invalid values in System Option no longer trigger double error messages and crash.
- Focus is now set correctly after unlock when not using system tray.
- Backslash in passwords are now passed as-is in autotype.
New features in 3.64.0
- By default, PasswordSafe windows no longer appear in Windows screen captures. This is user-configurable, see online help for details.
- Search (Find) bar visibility is now persistent.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware