PotPlayer is an extremely light-weight multimedia player for Windows. It feels like the KMPlayer, but is in active development. Supports almost every available video formats out there. PotPlayer contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually. Other key features include WebCam/Analog/Digital TV devices support, gapless video playback, DXVA, live broadcasting.
Distinctive features of the player is a high quality playback, support for all modern video and audio formats and a built DXVA video codecs. A wide range of subtitles are supported and you are also able to capture audio, video, and screenshots. A comprehensive video and audio player, that also supports TV channels, subtitles and skins. It's been described on the Internet as The KMPlayer redux, and it pretty much is.
Daum PotPlayer 1.6.57398 changelog:
- Fixed a security problem (remediation of damaged MP4 header vulnerability)
- Added XInput (XBOX controller) support
- Added Armenian translation
- Added DVB Teletext subtitle support
- Added EIA 708 Closed Caption support
- Fixed an error on broadcasting with lots of auto-ID managers
- Fixed an issue that can't show certain video thumbnails
- Fixed occasional freeze problem when compression settings was changed during broadcasting
- Fixed an issue that can't smoothly output animation ASS subtitles
- Fixed an issue that closed program with DXVA on certain VGA cards during playback