What was the last movie you watched? (2013 Edition)

post-2594-0-37650000-1382148874.jpg 

I had such great hope for the rebuild series but after watching that they really should have just left it alone and solidifies that End of Evangelion was the best end for the series.

77349_front.jpg

The Way Way Back

Very enjoyable film, starts off a little slow and awkward but hits its stride when Sam Rockwell hits the screen.  Interesting to see Steve Carell play a bastard too.  Worth a watch.

post-354816-0-75104300-1382153435.jpg

Movie wasn't bad, acting and sfx weren't great, felt low budget (which it probably was, but I like low budget movies,)

I liked the telling of the tale, which to me felt truer to the original telling in some respects than some other Dracula movies out there

I'll give it 6 out of 10

If you go in expecting nothing from the movie, you'll be entertained :)

star-trek-into-darkness-blu-ray-cover-ar

Star Trek Into Darkness: 3/10

Visually speaking, it is a very impressive CGI feast, but as every other recent Sci-Fi movies.

Story speaking, this is just a catastrophe: characters are stereotypes of themselves, story is pathetically black and white, unoriginal and xeroxed from the previous movies and has more plot holes than a block of Swiss gruyere.

A Royal Affair (2012)

4/5

Very good. I have not seen Amour but i doubt it can be better.

Man of Steel (2013)

3?/5

I'm not a fan of Snyder. First half is great (Batman quality). Second half not so much (Avengers quality). Movie was a good 30 minutes too long. Way too much boring action. I almost felt asleep in the second half to be honest. Overall a good movie but i still prefer Donner's Superman.

Gravity: 9.5/10

The movie was superb (visuals, story line, etc) and had me gripped to the chair all the way through. Huge applause by the audience at the end.

Sidenote: 3D is the *only* way to experience this movie.

I can see both Sandra Bullock and George Clooney get Oscar nominations for their performances.

large_2gPjLWIyrWlAn2DgKMOKTBnZYyO.jpg

• Like 1

Man of Steel - 8/10 - Very nice, well done Superman.

Despicable Me 2 - 5/10 - Nowhere near the quality of the first, with an overuse of minions in an attempt to engage me. boring.

R.I.P.D. - 7/10 - It was fun, I enjoyed it, so did the Wife. Very M.I.B.-ish

HELI_120x160_INTER_RELEASE.jpg

Heli. One of the most powerful and well made movies I've seen in years. This is a Mexico's portrait. Brutally precise, without melodramatic devices nor moral stances. Just as it is. 10/10

I also saw Gravity, by another Mexican, Alfonso Cuaron. The direction, effects and camera work get a perfect 10. But the narrative and shallowness of it really disappointed me. I appreciate the minimalist approach to a catastrophe, however it was obvious Cuaron intended a more symbolic movie and he fails in this pretention. 7.5/10.

post-2-0-48495200-1382684216.jpg

The Conjuring IMDB rating 7.6 my rating 9/10

"Paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren work to help a family terrorized by a dark presence in their farmhouse."

Kept me interested all the way through, nicely done, good old fashioned style fright flick.

• Like 2