Unboxing  When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Lenovo Legion 5 (AMD Ryzen 7 4800H) unboxing and first impressions

Lenovo's Legion 5 is almost identical to the Legion 5i that I reviewed over the summer. In fact, Lenovo didn't even send over a new reviewer's guide because there's one key difference: it has AMD's Ryzen 4000 H-series processors. The 45W chip inside of the one that Lenovo sent me is the Ryzen 7 4800H.

The Ryzen 7 4800H is an octa-core processor with 16 threads, and as mentioned above, a 45W TDP. It has a base clock speed of 2.9GHz and a max boost clock of 4.2GHz. It's built on AMD's Zen 2 architecture, so it's on a 7nm process.

As far as graphics, this machine has an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti. Gone are the days of always seeing AMD Radeon graphics in AMD-powered gaming PCs. Here's the problem though. Like HP did with its OMEN 15, Lenovo gave the AMD version of its product only lower-end SKUs. The Legion 5 is offered with a GTX 1650 or GTX 1650 Ti, while the Intel-powered Legion 5i is offered with a GTX 1660 Ti or an RTX 2060.

Check out the unboxing video below:

Update: While the AMD models are only available with a GTX 1650 or 1650 Ti on Lenovo's website, some users have spotted a configuration with a GTX 1660 Ti on Amazon.

Report a problem with article
Next Article

Save 80% off the Complete Entertainment Bundle ft. PlayStation Plus

Previous Article

Facebook launches 'cloud-streamed' games for Android phones and PCs but eschews iOS