When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

MSI updates its desktop lineup with Intel 11th-gen processors

Lineup of MSI desktop PCs with 11th generation Intel Core processors

Intel introduced its 11th generation of Intel Core processors, formerly known as Rocket Lake-S, earlier today, and naturally, gaming PCs are the first ones to get updated with the new goods. MSI has announced that many of its gaming-oriented desktop PCs, including products from the Trident, Infinite, Codex, and Aegis lines are getting updated with the latest Intel processors.

If you missed the announcement, Intel's Rocket Lake processors pack quite a few advancements, despite still being built on a 14nm process. Among the improvements, there's up to a 19% uplift in performance per clock, support for PCIe 4.0, boost clocks up to 5.3GHz, and the addition of graphics based on Iris Xe - though you're unlikely to need that in gaming PCs.

The lineup of PCs getting updated includes the compact Trident X and Trident AS, packing up to a Core i9-11900K and a Core i7-11700F, respectively; the Infinite RS, also coming with up to a Core i9-11900K; the Codex R with up to a Core i7-11700; and the Aegis RS, Aegis R, and Aegis SE, featuring up to a Core i9-11900K, Core i7-11700, and Core i5-11400F, respectively.

All of these PCs also come with Nvidia RTX 3000 series GPUs, with max configurations varying depending on the model, and of course, they also include PCIe Gen 4 SSDs. Interestingly, the Aegis SE is said to feature "up to an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050", a graphics card that does not exist, at least not yet.

As for pricing, the Trident X will start at $2,099, the Trident AS will start at $1,699, the Infinite RS at $2,649, the Codex R at $1,349, the Aegis RS at $1,999, and the Aegis R at $1,649. Pricing for the Aegis SE will be revealed later. MSI didn't specifically say when these refreshed versions will be available, and they don't seem to be listed on its website just yet.

Report a problem with article
Instagram logo on a colorful background
Next Article

Instagram announces new efforts to protect kids from adults

Prince of Persia screenshot
Previous Article

Xbox Deals with Gold feature Final Fantasy, Prince of Persia, and more