AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp), so youll get used to it very quickly. It can also be customized with skins.
The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the players main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so its easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the players functionalities.
Whats new in this version:
• Added localizations: Farsi
• Localizations were updated
• Sound Engine: Resampler algorithm has been improved
• Player: Player now detects full screen applications only on the current monitor
• Player: Ability to start playback of bookmark using "Enter" key
• Plugins: Radio Browser - ability to input genre manually
• Track list: Total duration of playlist now displays in "DD:HH:MM:SS" format
• Fixed: Incompatibility with AVG and Avast antivirus
• Fixed: Incompatibility with Synaptics TouchPad
• Fixed: External playlist is not reloaded when trying to open it again
• Fixed: Player doesnt receive links to the internet radio via command line
• Fixed: Player doesnt allow drop new file to the end of playlist, if "Auto merge similar categories" option is active
• Fixed: ID3v2 tag doesnt read to the end in some cases
• Fixed: "Show information about selected files" option doesnt work
• Fixed: Player doesnt work correctly with playlists in M3U8 format
• Fixed: No an ability to capture internet-radio, if station doesnt send meta-data
• Fixed: Navigation by track doesnt work for remote files
• Fixed: Audio Library doesnt detects drive letter correctly in some cases
• Fixed: Known memory leaks
Thanks hayc59 for posting this in Back Page News on our forums!