AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp), so you'll get used to it very quickly. It can also be customized with skins.
The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the player's main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so it's easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the player's functionalities.
What's new in this version:
- New style of both the program and the project in whole
- New version of skin-engine - focus to modern versions Windows
- Own sound engine - output using ASIO / WASAPI / DirectSound methods
- Playlists - Added "Single playlist mode"
- Basque localization was added
- Localizations were updated
- Player - Radio station name is now set automatically on starting playback, if it has not been set before by the user
- Tag Editor - Track number is no longer stored in the ID3v1, if it value more than 255
- Fixed part of the next track sounds in the end of current track, if "shuffle" mode is active
- Fixed "A-B Repeat" function drops playback position to beginning in some cases
- Fixed tag editor - buttons in footer panel doesn't display, if height of the screen less than 600 pixels
- Fixed tag editor - the table doesn't update after using tag autofill function
- Fixed plugins - last.fm plugin doesn't start scrobbling sometimes
- Fixed small bugs and defects
- Playlists - Added ability to lock playlist from changes
- Playlists - Added ability to set individual appearance settings for every playlist
- Playlists - Extended functionality for working with groups
- Support of surround sound 5.1 / 7.1
- Completely redesigned the Audio Library
- Full support of the ReplayGain
- Plugins API has been redesigned
- Usability has been improved
Thanks to hayc59 for the tip in Back Page News.