Comodo Internet Security is the free, multi-layered security application that keeps hackers out and personal information in.Built from the ground upwards with your security in mind, Internet Security offers 360° protection by combining powerful Antivirus protection, an enterprise class packet filtering firewall, advanced host intrusion prevention and automatic sandboxing of unknown files.Unlike the stripped down versions of commercial software that other software vendors offer for free, this is the full, completely functional version of the product.
Main features of Comodo Internet Security:
- Antivirus: Tracks down and destroy any existing malware hiding in a PC.
- Anti-Spyware: Detects spyware threats and destroys each infection.
- Anti-Rootkit: Scans, detects & removes rootkits on your computer.
- Bot Protection: Prevents malicious software turning your PC into a zombie.
- Defense+: Protects critical system files and blocks malware before it installs.
- Auto Sandbox Technology™: Runs unknown files in an isolated environment where they can cause no damage.
- Memory Firewall: Cutting-edge protection against sophisticated buffer overflow attacks.
- Anti-Malware Kills malicious processes before they can do harm.
What's new in this version:
- Website Filtering - COMODO Firewall now inspects URLs and blocks malicious sites while allowing users to define various access rules
- Viruscope - A new dynamic behavior analysis feature that can inspect the real time behaviors of running programs and detect and reverse malicious activities
- Data Protection - New data security feature which makes important files completely invisible to programs running in the sandbox
- Multiple UI themes - Users are now able to choose between Modern, Classic and Tile based UI themes
- PrivDog - A new browser plugin which helps protect online privacy is bundled. More information about PrivDog can be found at www.privdog.com
- Applications now run 700% faster inside sandbox and virtual desktop
- Usability of advanced configuration editor is improved significantly with new features such as contextual grid searching, keyboard shortcuts etc.
- More granular exclusions handling for automatically sandboxed applications
- Compared to 6.x, there are more than 200 bug fixes included in this release. Below are the selected few:
- Fixed - Blue Screens on Windows 8.x
- Fixed - Corrupted dialogs and memory leaks in user interface
- Fixed - Hanging scans under certain conditions
- Fixed - Task manager hangs while terminating certain jobs