Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.
Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
What's new in Firefox 77.0:
- Pocket recommendations, featuring some of the best stories on the web, will appear on the Firefox new tab for our users in the UK. If you don’t see them, you can turn on Pocket articles in your new tab, follow these steps.
- WebRender continues its roll out to more Firefox for Windows users, now available by default on Windows 10 laptops running on Nvidia GPUs with medium (<= 3440x1440) and large screens (> 3440x1440).
- You can view and manage web certificates more easily on the new about:certificate page.
- Various security fixes.
- A number of features have been fixed to improve Firefox accessibility.
- The applications list in Firefox Options is now accessible to screen reader users.
- Some live regions previously didn't report updated text with the JAWS screen reader. This issue has been fixed.
- Date/time inputs are now no longer missing labels for users of accessibility tools.
- The browser.urlbar.oneOffSearches preference has been removed. To hide one-off search buttons uncheck search engines on the about:preferences#search page
Firefox 77.0.1 changelog:
- Disabled automatic selection of DNS over HTTPS providers during a test to enable wider deployment in a more controlled way (bug 1642723)
Download: Firefox 77.0.1 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Firefox 77.0.1 for Linux | 64-bit | ~60.0 MB
Download: Firefox 77.0.1 for MacOS | 69.2 MB
View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware