Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.
Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
What's new in Firefox 82.0:
- With this release, Firefox introduces a number of improvements that make watching videos more delightful
- the Picture-In-Picture button has a new look and position, making it easier for you to find and use the feature.
- Picture-In-Picture now has a keyboard shortcut for Mac users (Option + Command + Shift + Right bracket) that works before you start playing the video.
- For Windows users, Firefox now uses DirectComposition for hardware decoded video, which will improve CPU and GPU usage during video playback, improving battery life.
- Firefox is faster than ever with improved performance on both page loads and start up time:
- Websites that use flexbox-based layouts load 20% faster than before;
- Restoring a session is 17% quicker, meaning you can more quickly pick up where you left off;
- For Windows users, opening new windows got quicker by 10%.
- You can now explore new articles when you save a webpage to Pocket from the Firefox toolbar.
- WebRender continues to roll out to more Firefox users on Windows.
- Screen reader features which report paragraphs now correctly report paragraphs in Firefox instead of lines.
- Various security fixes
- Credit card auto-fill is now more accessible with the card type, and the card number in the card editor now available to screen readers.
- Printing dialog errors for invalid form entries are now reported to screen readers.
- Developer Information
- MediaSession API has been enabled by default which allows web authors to provide custom behaviors for standard media playback interactions, giving them more options than ever.
- DevTools now shows server side events in the Network panel. This allows a server to send new data to a web page at any time allowing developers to see events they previously couldn't and help with lower-level troubleshooting.
Download: Firefox 82.0 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Firefox 82.0 for Linux | 64-bit | ~70.0 MB
Download: Firefox 82.0 for MacOS | 73.1 MB
View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware