Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.
Quantum is Mozilla's project to build the next-generation web engine for Firefox users, building on the Gecko engine as a solid foundation. Quantum will leverage the fearless concurrency of Rust and high-performance components of Servo to bring more parallelization and GPU offloading to Firefox.
Firefox (Quantum) users will be impressed by the modern new design that puts their needs first. With the new (fast and fluid Photon) design, Firefox leaps ahead with a new interface that reflects today’s reality of High DPI displays and users who are more task focused than they’ve ever been. Photon doesn’t just look good, it’s also smarter. If you’re using Photon on a Windows PC with a touch display, the menus change size based on whether you click with a mouse or touch with a finger.
Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
Firefox 60.0.1 fixes:
- Avoid overly long cycle collector pauses with some add-ons installed (Bug 1449033)
- Stop displaying "Sponsored content" on the New Tab page immediately after the "Sponsored Stories" option is disabled (Bug 1458906)
- On touchscreen devices, fixed momentum scrolling on non-zoomable pages (Bug 1457743)
- Fixed black map on Google Maps with updated Nvidia Web Drivers on macOS (Bug 1458553)
- Use the right default background when opening tabs or windows in high contrast mode (Bug 1458956)
- The Firefox uninstaller on Windows is now translated again (Bug 1436662)
- Restored translations of the Preferences panels when using a language pack (Bug 1461590)
- WebVR has been disabled by default on macOS (Bug 1459362)
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware