Free Download Manager is a powerful, easy-to-use and absolutely free download accelerator and manager. FDM accelerates downloads by splitting files into sections and then downloading them simultaneously. As a result download speed increases up to 600%, or even more!
FDM can also resume broken downloads so you needn`t start downloading from the beginning after casual interruption. FDM lets you download files and whole web sites from any remote server via HTTP, HTTPS and FTP. You can also download files using BitTorrent protocol.
In addition, Free Download Manager allows you to: adjust traffic usage; to organize and schedule downloads; download video from video sites; download whole web sites with HTML Spider; operate the program remotely, via the internet, and more!
Free Download Manager is compatible with the most popular browsers Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and Safari.
Free Download Manager 188.8.131.5258 changelog:
- "Notify me of new downloads via Notification Center" setting.
- "Ignore upload ratio limit" downloads context menu checkbox.
- Browser extension: Http Live Stream (HLS) downloads support added.
- ICY stream downloads support added.
- Minor interface improvements.
- Android: "Share link with FDM Browser" menu added.
- Android: Built-in web browser: a simple media grabber added.
- Fixed: too high memory usage due to downloads' previews images.
- Fixed: in some cases FDM could stop HTTP download with no resume support on its own.
- Fixed: various Http Live Stream (HLS) downloads bugs.
- Fixed: bug processing HTTP ETag.
- Fixed: various bugs converting media files to MP4/MP3.
- Fixed: browser extension could damage FDM settings (for runtime only).
- Fixed: various interface bugs.
- Fixed: macOS: random crashes when downloading/seeding.
- Fixed: Android: in some cases, FDM was not letting the user to download to the directories outside of its private folder.
- Fixed: Linux: bug moving files to trash.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware