Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS SSD and HDD monitoring and analysis software. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks, solid state disks and hybrid drives (SSHD) today) values for each disks. Also it measures the disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.
Hard Disk Sentinel 5.40.4 release notes:
- added support of HighPoint NVMe RAID controllers: detect NVMe RAID array members, complete self-monitoring status of NVMe M.2 SSDs managed by HighPoint NVMe RAID controllers.
- support of HighPoint SSD7101A-1 NVMe RAID controller
- completely redesigned HighPoint SATA/SAS RAID controller support: better detection of RAID array configuration, logical/physical disk drives, improved status detection and reporting with HighPoint SATA/SAS RAID controllers
- improved support of eSATA / USB multi-drive hard disk enclosures in port multiplier (non-RAID) mode
- improved compatibility with ICY BOX IB-RD3640SU3
- improved lifetime writes on various Samsung SATA SSDs
- improved health display on Kingston SA400M8120G SSD
- added support of various Apacer SATA SSDs
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware