Today Steve jobs launched the iPod, a portable mp3 player with a built-in 5gb hard drive...
Details of the device are :-
- Apple's new device is a hard drive-based music player: iPod. It's a part of everyone's life. It's a large target market. It knows no boundaries. And there is no market leader.
- MP3 (incl. VBR), WAV, and AIFF playback. Holds 1000 songs.
- Music players: flash (MP3) player, hard disk player, CD player, MP3 CD player
- 3 breakthroughs in iPod: 1. Ultra-portable. Ultra-thin hard drive. 1.8 inch hard drive is .2 inches thick. 5 Gigabytes. 1000 songs at 160K bit rate.
- 20 minute skip protection FireWire built-in. fast -- entire CD download in under 10 seconds
- One hour recharge, 10 hour battery capacity charges over FireWire -- no charging cable needed
- SJ: "Isn't this cool? It's never been this fast or this easy before." "We've all heard 'plug and play' before. This is plug, unplug, and play."
- $399 due Nov. 10
- and... "We have thought than when we get a little spare time, we will look at taking it to Windows. We know the experience won't be as good, but we will probably look at that down the road."
Screenshot: Apple iPod web site