MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML. Note: MediaInfo tries to install sponsored OpenCandy software during installation, make sure to cancel that before continuing.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo 0.7.74 changelog:
- FIMS: Preliminary version (not for production)
- D-10 audio: display of real bitrate beside the encoded bitrate
- VC-3: detection of CDP packets (608/708 captions), created by Nexio, inside the VC-3 private data
- AES3: generic term AES3 replaced by more precise SMPTE ST numbers (302, 331, 337)
- NUT: basic detection
- FFV1: more parsing of the bitstream, support of any version of FFV1 in MOV and Matroska
- DPX: color space and frame rate
- #B906, Matroska: duration was missing if Info block is at the end of the file
- #B908, AC-3: bit depth removed
- #P86, MPEG-4: moov_trak_edts_elst Atom was ignoring version of the atom
- Dolby E: the MXF channel count value was sometimes reported instead of the real channel count
- VorbisComment: WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE_CHANNEL_MASK "0X" ("x" in uppercase) is accepted now
- EBUCore: TotalProgrammeDuration was wrongly filled with IdentClockStart value
- EBUCore: Source/Material moved from timecodeStart to timecodeTrack
- MPEG-4: info is missing for some streams in some specific cases
Note: MediaInfo includes 3rd party (optional) software, you should pay close attention to avoid installing unwanted products or just download the ''lite'' version without OpenCandy.
Download: MediaInfo 0.7.74 | MediaInfo Lite 0.7.74 | 4.5 MB (Open Source)
Download: Portable MediaInfo 0.7.74 32-bit | 2.6 MB
Download: Portable MediaInfo 0.7.74 64-bit | 3.5 MB
View: MediaInfo Homepage