This is a starting point for planning and design information for the Firefox 3 release, including schedules, feature sets, and branch process information. Gran Paradiso Alpha 3 is an early developer milestone for the next major version of Firefox that is being built on top of the next generation of Mozilla's layout engine, Gecko 1.9. Gran Paradiso Alpha 3 is being made available for testing purposes only, and is intended for web application developers and our testing community. Current users of Mozilla Firefox should not use Gran Paradiso Alpha 3.
- Animated PNG (APNG) images are now supported.
- The DOM clientLeft and clientTop attributes are now supported.
- Introduced support for , which puts resources into the browser's offline cache. This allows a web application to ensure that its resources are available in the cache when the browser goes into offline mode. See Marking Resources for Offline Use for further details on offline support.
- Improved precision of layout and scaling across a wide range of screen and printer resolutions.
- Implemented cycle collection in XPCOM, which detects cases where two released objects hold one another, but neither is held by anyone else. In this scenario, both objects can safely be purged. Previously, the holds each has on the other would have prevented them from being purged.
- Added support for the HttpOnly cookie attribute, which marks a cookie as readable only by the server and not by client-side scripts.
- Added a new preference, "Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page", which notifies the user when the page specifies HTTP-EQUIV=refresh.
Link: Home Page | Forum Discussion (Thanks Cryton)