Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata (ID3, Vorbis Comments and APE) of common audio formats. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more. The program supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey's Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom's Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
Mp3tag 2.74 changes:
- CHG: MP4 lyrics are now stored with carriage-return and line-feed as newline sequence.
- CHG: directory list in tag panel now always shows trailing backslash for directories.
- NEW: added support for %podcastkeywords% which is mapped from ID3v2 frame TKWD and MP4 atom keyw.
- LNG: added Farsi language file and updated Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, French, Hebrew, Italian and Slovak language files.
- CHG: Discogs OAuth authentication and default web source now uses HTTPS.
- NEW: added support for HTTPS for web sources framework.
- CHG: changed to use SHA-2 when digitally signing the installer and the program executable.
- FIX: startup in favorite directory resulted in starting in program directory if favorite directory was configured without trailing backslash at 'Options >Directories'
- NEW: added advanced configuration option for setting the ID3v2 language code used for comments.
- FIX: runtime error when using very long field names in converter dialogs.