Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 7.8 changelog:
- Upgrade Scintilla from 4.1.4 to 4.2.0
- Fix non Unicode encoding problem in non-Western language(Chinese or Turkish).
- Add “No to All” and “Yes to All” options in Save dialog.
- Add the command line argument “-openFoldersAsWorkspace” to open folders in “folder as workspace” panel. Example: notepad++ -openFoldersAsWorkspace c:\src\myProj01 c:\src\myProj02
- Enhance plugin system: allow any plugin to load private DLL files from the plugin folder.
- Fix File-Rename failing when new name is on a different drive.
- Make “Clear all marks”, “Inverse Bookmark”, “Remove Consecutive Duplicate Lines” & “Find All Current Document” to be macro recordable.
- Make “Command Argument Help” MessageBox modal.
- Fix Folder as Workspace crash and “queue overflow” issues.
- Make Combobox font monospace in Find dialog.
- Fix folding in user-defined languages for non-windows line endings.
- Fix crash of Folder as Workspace when too many directory changes happen.
- Fix ‘-nosession’ overwrites config.xml issue.
- Fix the crash due to NPPM_DESTROYSCINTILLAHANDLE message.
- Improve GUI in Find dialog for Find Previous & Find Next buttons.
- Fix Sort Line as Integer regression.
- Add more OS information to debug info.
- Fix tab dragging issues under WINE and ReactOS.
- Fix indent indicators continue to following code blocks for Python.
- Fix Python folding collapse issue.
- Fix crash when sorting “out of range” columns.
- Fix find 2 times for the same occurrence in both original and cloned documents issue.
- Fix command line issues where filenames have multiple white spaces in them.
- Fix Document Peeker constantly changing focus problem.
- Make backward direction checkbox be also on Find dialog’s Mark tab.
- Add 2 new columns for HTML Code in the Character Panel.
- Fix “clear all marks in find dialog also removes bookmarks” issue.
- Enhance supported language (on function list or auto-completion): LISP, BaanC,(PL/)SQL & COBOL.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware