OBS Studio is software designed for capturing, compositing, encoding, recording, and streaming video content, efficiently. It is the re-write of the widely used Open Broadcaster Software, to allow even more features and multi-platform support. OBS Studio supports multiple sources, including media files, games, web pages, application windows, webcams, your desktop, microphone and more.
OBS Studio Features:
- High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing, with unlimited scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Live streaming to Twitch, YouTube, Periscope, GoodGame, DailyMotion, Hitbox, VK and any other RTMP server
- Filters for video sources such as image masking, color correction, chroma/color keying, and more.
- x264, H.264 and AAC for your live streams and video recordings
- Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVIDIA NVENC support
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources
- Number of different and customizable transitions for when you switch between scenes
- Hotkeys for almost any action such as start or stop your stream or recording, push-to-talk, fast mute of any audio source, show or hide any video source, switch between scenes,and much more
- Live preview of any changes on your scenes and sources using Studio Mode before pushing them to your stream where your viewers will see those changes
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc)
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- Streamlined Settings panel for quickly configuring your broadcasts and recordings. Switch between different profiles with ease.
- Light and dark themes available to fit your environment.
- …and many other features. For free. At all.
v20.0.1 Hotfix Changes:
- Fixed a crash with the image slide show that could happen under certain circumstances
- Fixed a bug which caused the Stats window to stop monitoring streaming/recording unless they were both active at the same time
OBS Studio 20.0.0 changelog:
- Added new modular user interface that allows the user to move, disable, and customize elements of the UI. To unlock, go to the View menu, then the "Docks" sub-menu, and un-check "Lock UI". To reset to the default style, use "Reset UI"
- Added Stinger transitions, which allow the ability to use video files as a transition with a specific transitioning point timing during playback of the video
- Added a new "Auto" server for Twitch which will automatically select the server with the best routing. In addition, Twitch servers are now sorted based on the best route (as determined by Twitch)
- Added support for Mixer's FTL protocol which allows low-latency streaming on Mixer. To use, open Settings, go to the Stream section, and set the service to "Mixer.com - FTL"
- Added the option to disable looping in the image slide show, and stop or become hidden when all slides have been played
- Added the option to change the visibility behavior of the image slide show: Pause when not in the current scene, restart when in the current scene, or always play regardless
- Added the option to manually control the image slide show with hotkeys
- Added the ability for the blackmagic source to automatically detect resolution/format rather than having to set it manually each time
- Added ability to lock sources to prevent accidentally clicking on and modifying the position of a source
- Added the ability to zoom in the preview for detailed editing while in canvas/output preview scaling modes. To use, click the preview, then hold down space bar and use the mouse wheel scroll to zoom in/out
- Added a "Defaults" button to the filters and properties windows which will reset values to their defaults
- Added a new "Rachni" theme [full changelog]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware