With a built-in ad blocker, battery saver and free VPN, Opera browser for Windows brings you more speed and privacy. The data-compressing Opera Turbo feature, native ad blocker and other features will help you browse faster. And, the new battery saver feature will help you browse longer, too: it extends laptop battery life by up to 50%.
Opera will speed you up on the web and make sure ads don’t distract you from what matters. Opera's ad blocker is built right into the browser. No installation and setup required, just turn on ad blocking in the browser settings.
Of course, not all ads are evil. You can easily unblock ads on any website (like NEOWIN), if you want.
Opera for computers treats your safety on the web very seriously. Focus on surfing, while Opera browser takes care of your privacy and protects you from suspicious sites that try to steal your password or install viruses or other malware.
Protect yourself online with Opera’s privacy features. Use a private window to leave no history, cookies or cache behind as you browse - especially useful on shared computers. Turn on Opera’s built-in VPN to change your online location and browse more securely on public Wi-Fi networks.
Over 1,000 extensions make it easy to customize Opera. Download the extensions and themes you like from Opera’s add-ons catalog to get the best browser experience with a personal touch. With the animated themes, you can even bring Opera’s start page to life.
What's new in Opera 53:
This build revamps the appearance of tabs and the address bar. Take a glance below to find out more:
Optimization of a tab’s display
Mac users find it difficult to locate and manage a particular tab when many of them are open. We figured out a way to optimize this and made your plentiful tabs’ favicons more visible. Let’s see how it changed:
To make it even more visible and easier to manage, clicking on a tab will expand it.
Address bar colors
There is also some fresh, sharpened coloring done to the address bar.
Chromium was updated to version 66.0.3359.139.
Opera 53.0.2907.37 changelog:
- DNA-68681 [win] Fix the name of checkbox in installer window
- DNA-69186 Handle displaying tips that contain an icon
- DNA-69258 Add sidebar hint when Ctrl+T is hit
- DNA-69285 Empty bar on left side when Opera maximized on Windows
- DNA-69409 [Mac] Instant search loses focus when clicking on sidebar
- DNA-69432 [IS] Demon above search box is badly scaled for some DPI settings
- DNA-69435 [Patch] Remove Yandex Ads from first page Instant Search
- DNA-69448 Beautify shortcuts in Tips’n tricks
- DNA-69450 Enabling Instant Search makes Opera window corners squared
- DNA-69452 Prepare “Yx 03” partner content
- DNA-69476 The animation for hiding imp is missing
- DNA-69479 Text doesn’t fit bubble hint in some languages
- DNA-69483 Google icon on search with different search engine
- DNA-69488 Test suite for showing and searching using Instant Search part16
- DNA-69491 Remove hint “Press tab…” under search box
- DNA-69495 Search in tabs doesn’t find the current one
- DNA-69499 Tab switcher button elements are not destroyed when they disappear
- DNA-69508 Translations for O53 RC (25.04.2018)
- DNA-69517 [Settings]Unable to put passphrase because advanced settings not reachable
- DNA-69537 No favicon for instant search
- DNA-69543 Instant search window cut off on first attempt
- DNA-69557 Test suite for showing and searching using Instant Search part17
- DNA-69560 Crash when Flow API used with Flow disabled
- DNA-69578 Test suite for showing and searching using Instant Search part18
- DNA-69594 Incorrect sidebar hint state after closing
- DNA-69598 No close (‘X’) button in sidebar hints
- DNA-69604 [Mac] Main window not focused after closing Instant Search
- DNA-69628 Promote desktop-stable-66-2907 to stable stream
- DNA-69640 Crash at opera::avro::Value::GetArrayLen()
- DNA-69652 Polish – “Selfie bubble” – wrong translation
- DNA-69655 Send tabs and history once per hour
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware