The optimized version of Firefox
Pale Moon is a custom-built and optimized Firefox-based browser for Windows operating systems with current, high performance processors. It looks identical to the standard Firefox browser and supports Firefox extensions, themes and identities.
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4+)
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
- Able to use existing Firefox bookmarks and settings with this migration tool
What's new in Pale Moon version 24.6.0:
- Allow animated personas (lightweight themes)! You will need to set a preference for this.
- Fix regularly occurring browser crashes with hardware acceleration enabled on DirectWrite 6.2/6.3 (Win 7 with Platform Update, Windows 8/8.1).
- Fix font rendering issues on DirectWrite 6.2/6.3, especially on legacy AMD hardware. (KB2670838 issues).
- Fix Windows version detection issues on Windows 8.1.
- Shuffle reported plugin installation order to confuse trackers.
- Clean up jumplist icons so they no longer pile up on disk on some systems (also a privacy concern).
- Change the sync server to a (new) Pale Moon sync server.
- Update the status bar code: Full-screen HTML5 video will no longer have status pop-ups overlaid.
- Add code to selectively ignore "autocomplete=off" on signon input fields.
- Linux: reduce gstreamer CPU overhead.
- Fix styled HTML buttons to address misaligned button contents (wrong baseline), e.g. gmail account chooser.
- Fix an old IonMonkey bug resulting in incorrect math results in some cases.
- Improve the performance of editor initialization.
- Update the Pale Moon icon for better display on lower color depths.
- Media: use a simpler way to discard superfluous audio packets.
- Bug #994907 - imgDecoderObserver does reference counting on different threads, so should be using thread safe reference counting.
- Bug #992274 - Tweak an edge case in line number handling.
- Bug #995603 - Ensure mouse-enter/exit events are sent to plugins as appropriate.
- Bug #1005552 - Stop binding marquee event handlers + misc related fixes.
- Bug #1000185 - Fix several issues with SMIL.
- Bug #978811 - Fix isFakeExitFrame to return true for entry frames.
- Bug #996715 - IonMonkey: Remove the code that bails when determining if the second instruction in a chunk is a branch.
- Bug #967354 - Fix incorrect usage of UpdateWebGLErrorAndClearGLError();
Download: Pale Moon 24.6.0 | 20.3 MB (Freeware)
Download: Portable Pale Moon 24.6.0 | 22.0 MB
Download: Pale Moon 24.6.0 x64 | 23.5 MB
Download: Intel Atom-optimized Pale Moon 24.6.0 | 20.2 MB
View: Pale Moon Homepage