The optimized version of Firefox
Pale Moon is a custom-built and optimized Firefox-based browser for Windows operating systems with current, high performance processors. It looks identical to the standard Firefox browser and supports Firefox extensions, themes and identities.
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4+)
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
- Able to use existing Firefox bookmarks and settings with this migration tool
Whats new in this version:
New build: Atom-optimized Pale Moon
After some thorough testing, the Atom/netbook builds are being released as final. These builds are specifically made for PCs with Intel Atom processors. More information can be found on the Atom builds page.
New feature: the title has been brought back to the title bar
When using the Application Menu (Pale Moon button), the title bar of the browser window would be blank. Considering this is wasted space, the page title will now be displayed in the title bar again (its called a title bar for a reason, after all!). Several different styles have been implemented to cater to different OS version layouts.
Removal of the services tab in the Add-on Manager
It will be visible only if someone actually has a service extension installed (similar to how language packs work)
Improvement of UI consistency
Removal of illogical selective hiding of the navigation bar and toolbars when in tabs-on-top mode (Add-ons manager, permissions manager, etc.). Browser chrome will now never be hidden.
Bugfix: When using the classic downloads window, downloads in private windows were not shown
If you use the classic downloads window and would open a Private Browsing (PB) window, there was no easy way to see which downloads were done in the PB window. When checking the downloads, it would open up the (non-PB) classic downloads window which does not have downloads listed from the PB session. This has been fixed, and PB windows will now open a new tab in the PB window with the downloads from that private session.
Bugfix: Geolocation didnt work in Pale Moon
This was caused by the Firefox standard geolocation provider (Google Inc.) now requiring an API key to request geolocation coordinates. Only official Mozilla Firefox builds will have working geolocation from Google.
Pale Moon has switched provider to IP-API.com to address this issue, with the required re-write of code for the different type of request. More information on the forum.
- Bugfix: The "More information" link for blocked add-ons didnt work
- Bugfix: Certain scaled fonts would have malformed lettersOn Vista and later with hardware acceleration enabled, certain letters of some font families would become malformed and difficult to read because of a Direct2D scaling issue. These fonts should now render sharp and more legibly.
- Romanian has been added to the status bar localizations
Download: Pale Moon 24.3.0 | 16.3 MB (Freeware)
Download: Portable Pale Moon 24.3.0 | 18.0 MB
Download: Pale Moon 24.3.0 x64 | 19.6 MB
Download: Intel Atom-optimized Pale Moon 24.3.0 | 16.3 MB
View: Homepage | Full Release Notes