PDF24 PDF Creator installs a virtual printer driver that allows you to convert any printable document or image into PDF format. You can also import documents from your scanner, combine multiple documents into one and delete selected pages from existing PDF files. The program supports creation of secure, digitally signed documents, PDF quality settings, integrated preview, emailing, and more.
You can either drag'n drop documents onto the GUI or convert them from any other program by using the virtual printer driver - simply select the PDF24 printer instead of your regular paper printer.
Advantages of PDF24 PDF Creator:
- Once installed, create PDF files forever
- Free upgrades included
- Conversion is simple and possible from all current programs
- Create PDF files from almost any application
- Easy to use
Several features of PDF24 PDF Creator:
- Merge and split PDF
- Extract pages from a PDF
- Copy pages from one PDF to another PDF
- Integrated preview for easy PDF editing
- Secure a PDF (Prevent from unauthorised opening, printing, etc.)
- Set PDF information such as author and title
PDF24 Creator 8.7.0 changelog:
Feature: PDF24 Reader completed and integrated
- We have completed our PDF24 Reader and created a first version. The PDF24 Reader is a component for displaying PDF files. It is a slim and resource-saving PDF reader that can quickly display PDF files. This PDF Reader can be used as a replacement for other software. A PDF Reader was still missing. Now it's here and it is no longer necessary to install additional software to view PDF files. The PDF24 Reader fits seamlessly into PDF24.
The PDF24 Reader currently offers the following features:
- Open, view, save and print PDF files
- Different display modes such as one page, two pages, two pages and cover page
- Page preview and page tree
- Navigational elements
- Zoom in, zoom out and rotate pages
- Search in document
- Selecting and copying text
- Creation of snapshots
- Resource-saving and without unnecessary ballast
Feature: Remove PDF password tool added to file tools
- The file tools have got a new tool to remove password protection from PDF files. The prerequisite is, of course, that the password is known. So this tool is not there to crack passwords. You can open the file tools via the PDF24 Launcher or via the Windows Explorer file context menu.
Feature: Loading password-protected PDF files
- This feature was requested by some users and here it is now. Loading and using password-protected PDF files is supported in various areas with this version. This includes the Creator, the Assistant and the Compression tool. Whenever a password-protected PDF is used, a password entry field appears to remove the PDF protection and to process the PDF further.
Optimization: Many new icons
- Many components of the software have received new and uniform icons that look better and more modern. The sub-components include the Launcher, the PDF printer assistant and the file tools.
Optimization: Improved GUI rendering and bug fixes
- The component rendering the UI has also been improved. The new component is now faster and behaves better and faster when displaying elements. The difference is noticeable, especially with larger elements such as the Save As profile area.
Optimization: New toolchain in use
- Internally we have updated our toolchain and now compile with current compilers. This makes some components faster and the software more fluid in some areas. With the decision to no longer support XP, we were able to take this step.
Optimization: Installer extended
- There was also some work on the installer. The PDF24 Reader, which is also registered in Windows, has been integrated to create a link to the PDF file type. The two Print and PrintTo Shell commands for the PDF24 Reader are also created. On the command line, the /NOREADERREG argument can be used to prevent this registration if this is not desired.
- There is also a nice and modern PDF icon which is used for the PDF file type if the PDF24 Reader is the standard software for PDF.
Optimization: QPDF component updated to version 8.2.1
- The new version of QPDF contains some updates, which are indirectly included in the PDF24 Creator.
Optimization: Compression tool now shrinks PDFs even better
- The PDF compression tool is now even better at shrinking PDF files. This makes PDF files even smaller than before.
Optimization: Many more smaller optimizations
- There are a number of other smaller optimizations, which don't all have to be mentioned here. That would make the list very long. Version 8.7.0 is a major update with many minor improvements.
Windows XP support is no longer guaranteed
- Many software vendors have already done so, and so have we. Windows XP is no longer supported from version 8.7.0. Users of Windows XP should therefore use a version smaller than 8.7.0. With this change, we are now able to run a bit faster because we no longer have to worry about whether certain elements are present in XP or not.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware