PDFCreator is an application for converting documents into Portable Document Format (PDF) format on Microsoft Windows operating systems. It works by creating a virtual printer that prints to PDF files, and thereby allows practically any application to create PDF files by choosing to print from within the application and then printing to the PDFCreator printer. PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use! It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc.
- Send generated files via eMail
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
- AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
- Merge multiple files into one PDF
- Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
- Terminal Server: PDFCreator also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
What's new in this version:
- This is a bugfix release
- E-Mails from Thunderbird have been improved
- Added Tokens DocumentPath and DocumentFilename
- Chinese symbols in file names no longer break PDF generation
- PDFCreator was really slow with large files
- PDFCreator remained im Memory after printing
- Saving a document to txt did not work
- Problems with auto-save
- PDFArchitect crashed when cutting the only page in the document
- No hyperlinks possible (Hyperlinks for MS Word are possible with the combination of PDF-T-Maker and PDFCreator.)