The web may be free, but we all know that to safely bank online, buy music, software, or books, or even simply surf the web, there is a price to pay. To combat online threats, firewall, anti-virus and anti-spyware software have become essential investments for any home or business computer. These programs monitor and control system access and scan and remove your system of malicious or spying software.
But the range and sophistication of malicious software and hacking techniques is rapidly expanding and against which traditional software solutions do not provide a proactive defense. Now, Privacyware meets this need with Privatefirewall ― a proactive, multi-layered defense solution for Windows desktops and servers. Whats more - Privatefirewall is absolutely FREE of charge.
Privatefirewall features signature-less, behavior-based anti-malware and desktop defense capabilities comprised of several distinct technology layers designed to block or mitigate the damage caused by intrusion, virus and other malware attacks. Beyond unparalleled personal firewall protection, Privatefirewall includes the following layers of proactive, behavior-based defense technology:
- Application Monitor/Manager
- Registry Monitor
- Process Monitor/Manager
- Email Anomaly Analyzer/Manager
- System Anomaly Analyzer
Privatefirewall also detects malware and intrusions based on behaviors characteristic of unauthorized system use. Some of these include:
- Attempts to access a protected registry area
- Attempts to access a protected object
- Attempts to Initiate a foreign process
- Attempts to control Windows service
- Attempts to create a DNS request
- Attempts to initiate outgoing TCP traffic
Privatefirewall version 22.214.171.124 release notes:
- Rolled back auto-deny for detected events indicating PID only.
- To install this update from build 26.3 or 26.4, exit Privatefirewall (from the tray icon) and run the executable (custom settings will be preserved).
- To install this update from build 25.5 (or earlier), export custom settings, uninstall and reboot system before installing the 26.5 build.