RSS Guard is a simple (yet powerful) feed reader. It is able to fetch the most known feed formats, including RSS/RDF and ATOM. It's free, it's open-source. RSS Guard currently supports Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian. RSS Guard will never depend on other services - this includes online news aggregators like Feedly, The Old Reader and others.
RSS Guard is developed on top of the Qt library and it supports these operating systems:
- OS/2 (eComStation)
- Mac OS X
- xBSD (possibly)
- Android (possibly)
- other platforms supported by Qt
The core features of RSS Guard are:
- support for online feed synchronization via plugins,
- Tiny Tiny RSS (from RSS Guard 3.0.0).
- support for all feed formats,
- import/export of feeds to/from OPML 2.0,
- downloader with own tab and support for up to 6 parallel downloads,
- message filter with regular expressions,
- feed metadata fetching including icons,
- simple Adblock functionality,
- customized popup notifications,
- Google-based auto-completion for internal web browser location bar,
- ability to cleanup internal message database with various options,
- enhanced feed auto-updating with separate time intervals,
- multiple data backend support,
- SQLite (in-memory DBs too),
- is able to specify target database by its name (MySQL backend),
- “portable” mode support with clever auto-detection,
- feed categorization,
- drap-n-drop for feed list,
- automatic checking for updates,
- ability to discover existing feeds on websites,
- full support of podcasts (both RSS & ATOM),
- ability to backup/restore database or settings,
- fully-featured recycle bin,
- printing of messages and any web pages,
- can be fully controlled via keyboard,
- feed authentication (Digest-MD5, BASIC, NTLM-2),
- handles tons of messages & feeds,
- sweet look & feel,
- fully adjustable toolbars (changeable buttons and style),
- ability to check for updates on all platforms + self-updating on Windows,
- hideable main menu, toolbars and list headers,
- KFeanza-based default icon theme + ability to create your own icon themes,
- fully skinnable user interface + ability to create your own skins,
- “newspaper” view,
- plenty of skins,
- support for "feed://" URI scheme,
- ability to hide list of feeds/categories,
- open-source development model based on GNU GPL license, version 3,
- tabbed interface,
- integrated web browser with adjustable behavior + external browser support,
- internal web browser mouse gestures support,
- desktop integration via tray icon,
- localizations to some languages,
- Qt library is the only dependency,
- open-source development model and friendly author waiting for your feedback,
- no ads, no hidden costs.
RSS Guard 3.8.3 changelog:
- Initial Qt 6 support.
- When you run "open source article externally" action, then RSS Guard window
- regains focus again.
- Finally fixed DMG packages for Mac OS X which should now bundle
- all Qt libraries correctly.
- Bundle application icons on Mac OS X.
- Fixed URL not passed to custom external web browser.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware