ScreenToGif is an open source program that lets you to record a selected area of your screen, live feed from your webcam or live drawings from a sketchboard. Afterwards, you can edit and save the animation as a GIF or video. Also there's the Webcam Recorder and the Board Recorder.
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video.
- Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording.
- Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top.
- You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc.
- Crop and Resize.
- Remove frames that you don't want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized and portable executable.
What's new in version 2.8.1:
- German and Portuguese translations got updated.
- Several improvements to the "key strokes" feature, including the removal of repeating key presses ("bbbb" will appear as "b") and a better treatment of modifier keys.
- The mouse click detector was updating the state of the click only after moving the mouse.
- Also, the mouse click detector was not detecting clicks from all mouse buttons (only the left one).
- The task to automatically remove old projects was not working properly.
- The recorder was detecting it self when the "snap to window" action was activated.