ShareX is an open source program that lets you take screenshots or screencasts of any selected area with a single key, save them in your clipboard, hard disk or instantly upload them to over 30 different file hosting services such as Imgur, FTP, Dropbox, Mega and Pastebin.
User can select any or all of these tasks to be automatically run after each screen capture:
- Add image effects: User can choose from over 37 image effects and apply multiple image effects and apply them to an image.
- Add watermark: Adds customizable text/image watermark to image.
- Annotate image: Using Greenshot image editor to annotate image.
- Copy image to clipboard: Copies image to clipboard.
- Print image: Be able to print images with printer device.
- Save image to file: Saves image as file with user’s preferred image format.
- Save image to file as: Shows file dialog before saving so user can select where to write file to.
- Save thumbnail image to file: Saves resized image as file.
- Copy file to clipboard: Copies image file to clipboard.
- ...and more.
Additional tools to make certain tasks more efficient:
- Screen color picker: As the name suggests, allows user to retrieve the color from anywhere on the screen and provide values of Hue, Saturation, Brightness, and RGB.
- Ruler: Allows user to get X, Y, width, height, distance and angle information on screen.
- FTP client: Opens a basic FTP client user interface for the currently configured FTP account.
- Hash check: Allows user to check/compare file hash values.
- Index folder: Allows user to share the index of a folder contents by uploading the index of the selected folder as text, html or xml.
- Image editor: Based on Greenshot image editor. It offers functions such as ability to add annotations, highlighting or obfuscations to the screenshot.
- Image effects: Allows to apply over 37 different image effects with their own settings to image. Edited images can be saved in PNG or other formats.
- Monitor test: Allows user to render different colors on the screen which provides user the opportunity to test for bleeding and dead pixels on LCD monitors.
- DNS changer: Allows user to quickly change computer DNS settings with popular DNS servers such as Google DNS.
- QR code: Open QR code window which user can enter text to get QR code of it. User can copy QR code image to user’s clipboard or save as file.
- Tweet message: Allows user to post message to Twitter.
ShareX 12.0.0 changelog:
- Added windowed mode support to image editor
- Added panning support to image editor, hold middle mouse button to pan canvas (by @L1Q)
- Added real time image effect (blur, pixelate, highlight) preview support to image editor
- Added “Image” menu to image editor toolbar with these items:
- Image size
- Canvas size
- Rotate 90° clockwise
- Rotate 90° counter clockwise
- Rotate 180°
- Flip horizontal
- Flip vertical
- Added image editor start mode option to “Options” menu:
- Normal window
- Maximized window (Default)
- Remember and use previous window size, position and maximized state
- Added image editor background color option to “Options” menu
- Added cursor type option to cursor drawing tool
- Show image size, file name and FPS in image editor title bar
- Image editor last selected tool will be remembered separately from region capture
- Changed region capture/image editor resize node visuals [full version history]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware