GamePad Digital, or GPD, a Chinese company that has been manufacturing portable Android and Windows handheld consoles for the past few years, has finally completed its highly successful Indiegogo campaign for the GPD Pocket, the company’s first device that completely replaces the gamepad controls with a QWERTY keyboard. Furthermore, you can now buy the micro-sized laptop running Windows 10 at online retailer GearBest.
The full specifications of the GPD Pocket are:
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit OS
- Intel Atom X7-Z8750 Quad Core 1.6GHz, up to 2.56GHz
- Intel HD Graphics GPU
- 7.0 inch 1920 x 1080 5-point Touch Screen / Gorilla Glass 3
- 8GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 128GB eMMC Storage
- USB Type-C, USB 3.0 Type-A,
- Micro HDMI output, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Bluetooth 4.1
- WIFI 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- 7000mAh, Li-ion polymer battery
- 18.20 x 10.90 x 1.99 cm / 0.5030 kg
You can watch a demo video of the GPD Pocket below:
The device should satisfy those who like an ultra portable device with a full desktop OS but do not want to carry a full blown laptop with them. The GPD campaign on Indiegogo raised more than $3 million from 8,358 backers, showing that there is plenty of interest in such a device. The GPD Pocket is available at GearBest for $568.16 and is shipping between Aug 17 - Aug 22.