Total Commander is a great two-pane file manager replacement for Windows, a program like Windows Explorer to copy, move, or delete files. It includes extra integrated applications like a built-in FTP client with FXP, a renaming tool, a disk space analyzer, a file synchronizer, can pack and unpack files, compare files by content, a quick view panel with bitmap display, HTTP proxy support and more.
Total Commander 9 is compatible with Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10. Total Commander is distributed as shareware with a trial period of 30 days, but will continue to function, with a subscription reminder, after that.
Total Commander features include:
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many improvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions
- And many more!
- Fixed: Search in background: click on "Go to file" not going to files inside archives (64)
- Fixed: FTP/FTPS via HTTP CONNECT proxy: Always send server name instead of IP address to proxy, also for data connections (can be overridden with SpecialFlags=1024) (32/64)
- Fixed: Link overlay icons were shown for custom icons in file system plugin, e.g. for connections in SFTP (32)
- Fixed: Crash in Lister when aborting text search with ESC (32)
- Fixed: FTPS via HTTP CONNECT proxy: Reading directory not working after uploading a file (32/64)
- Fixed: FTP/file system plugins: Log function could suddenly stop logging (32/64)
- Fixed: Alt+F1, Alt+F2 drive dropdown combobox: No drive was shown after closing list with ESC (problem caused by Korean text input fix - needs to be applied to editable comboboxes only) (64)
- Fixed: Any tree view: Icons to expand/collapse tree branches were wrong on some high DPI devices (32)
- Fixed: Ctrl+F FTP connections: Folder icons were not displayed on high DPI screens when the file list icon size was changed (e.g. to 24x24) (32/64)
- Fixed: Configuration - Options - Icons: Applying "Show drive icons from Explorer" didn't update Network Neighborhood, Computer and My Documents icons until after restarting TC (32/64)
Changes in v9.21a:
- Fixed: Compare by content: Disable button "Show only differences" during comparison, otherwise clicking it in the wrong moment could cause a crash (32/64)
- Fixed: Ctrl+E and ESC (only with auto-complete+auto-append disabled) no longer worked in command line (32/64)
- Fixed: Icons in menus: Selected items could no longer be shown as pressed buttons instead of checkmarks after saving icon options once (32/64)
- Fixed: Crash when passing path to zip file to TC (e.g. from external Everything.exe), mostly on 64-bit (32/64)
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware